Tuesday 6 January 2009

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So today I was in the studio. It was bloody freezing, so i put the heat on and went back to the house. When i went back it was nice and toasty. I started to do some backgrounds for some works I need to finish. Then went about to work on some clouds.. ALways the clouds.. I could spend ages on these, just to get the right feeling in them. AFter a few hours, I decided it was time to varnish a couple of ones that have been setting and drying. This is the trouble with oils, as beautiful as they are they are bloody time consuming and take ages to dry.
Well, I usually start with a spray varnish, then in about a weeks time I will use tinned varnish. I suppose the spray just sets it more. Anyway, I forgot to open a window and went a bit mad. when I finally stood up I was as high as a kite and short of a few more brain cells I am sure. Cannot do that again, silly sod..
I stumbled back tot he house and realised I had not eaten so grabbed myself some stew I had made yesterday. So really, the high as a kite, thing could have been lack of food or the varnish. AH , who cares.................
I think I might sneak down there tonight for a midnight paint when all is quiet....

1. must take new photos
2. open window
3. turn my energy inward
4. eat!


the swing and the tree:

tall and baron, swaying in the wind,
thinking of the horrors one has sinned,
full of sorrow and regret,
wish they might have never met.
pushing ahead and falling back,
once in a while I hear a crack.


yet to be finished........................

No comments:

Post a Comment