Friday 26 June 2009

Death of my youth!

I really feel rather unexpectedly sad.. Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcet. All in one go.
I mean I wouldnt have called myself an avid mj listener these days. But when I found myself booking tickets online and rec'd them, a flood of emotions returned. At first I had not known what it was but soon I was realise it was my youthful memories. Hanging in friends basements trying to set the world to rights. Before the stresses of the day to day grind. Before children, when there was hope and the world was my oyster. Not that I dont have hope now but then there a naivity about it. An innocence and that is what I am mourning most of all. Mj was a fantastic entertainer and I was so looking forward to seeing him and his show.. My heart goes out to his children and family, who all loved and protected him.


thriller

Then there was Farrah, the one with the golden locks. All the girls were envious of her or wanted to emulate her. Her life was not void of contraversy either. But that can all stay buried in the past. I will remember how she made me feel when my mum bought her shampoo for me and I used it.. For just a moment I felt like she must have.. My hair was bouncy and smelt fantastic.. I came bounding out of the bathroom to show everyone. I must have been 8 or 10. I cant remember. And of course she was an angel, but really only did one season. My favourite angel was Kate Jackson.

farrah commercial


RIP my sweets
You will be missed dearly and remembered evermore
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment