Thursday 18 December 2008

Holiday time and the lost spirit?

Today I thought I might venture out into the real world and do a spot of shopping.. Much to my surprise then to find that all the elbowing ladies were no where to be seen>?  Where have they gone.  I now we are in the throws of a recession and all but surely one has enough to spead the christmas cheer about?  There was an almost eerie calmness, like something was pending.. I cant quite put my finger on it.  But when I mentioned it to one of the shop owners , he seemed to know what I was on about.  Is this what is to come?. Bare streets and gloomy faces?  I had gone into Woolies the week before and was overwhelmed at everyone nostalgia, people were actually making conversation with strangers, rather than staring at each other blankily.  I came away feeling quite happy on that trip.. I even had my last pic'n mix in my hand.  I might add that it didnt quite make it home and had a bell ache to prove it! So maybe we are returning to the true meaning of Christmas after all. Yeah blah blah Jesus and all that but I am talking about be thankful for what we have and making meaningful presents.  Not just tat that ends up in the bin or given to some aquantance for their birthday a few months down the road.  So it looks as though thtis may be the return of the knitted jumpers from your mums and nans.  Or those homebaked treats that have long been forgotten. No more endless packaging.  But instead perhaps the family all sitting around together making things and stringing popcorn.  Well they can I will be having a glass of wine and watching from afar, enjoying the moment.  kx

No comments:

Post a Comment