Wednesday 6 May 2009

abfab?


Well if anyone knows me they know that I am trying to get fit. Well it sounds rather lovely on paper until you actually attempt such a feat. My friend Ginette and I have done the walking thing and even the fast walking thing, but today, we had super KIM. who not only has just had a baby but apparently is an expert runner with gumption and stamina to put anyone to shame. I even thought at one point I was going to get the fit of the giggles. After a block, my lungs felt as though they were going to burst through my chest. But first I have to back up.. well I really need to know why running or work out stuff is so unfashionable? DO I really have to chav up to run? As I got ready, bearing in mind i had been wearing a dress today with linen trousers and flat shoes, i thought why the hell change? I can look fashionable and be comfortable at the same time. As I caught sight of myself exiting the door with shades on and a glass of wine in my hand, I thought I may have glammed up my run a bit too much. So I left the shades on the side and downed the wine. hehe. So who the hell made this 'uniform' to run in? I just cant see the lure of the chavvy jogging bottoms. Anyway, after i got in i collapsed in the settee. Legs shaking and really hot and sweaty. But more importantly I was still alive! No heart attack and my lungs survived. So to celebrate I had another glass of wine! Then I chuckled to myself as I pictured Abfab running down the road and realised that actually that is pretty much me.

On another note I have finally finished the teapot I have been working on.. now it needs to be fired and hopefully will survive the process.

Also I have been getting things organised for the gardens and arts.. so much to do and so little time, as usual.

k

No comments:

Post a Comment