Saturday 21 March 2009

lost and found


Well I have returned from my short but sweet trip to Canada with my daughter. We did loads of visiting and the usual holiday activities which of course made my trousers tighter on my return. I saw some old friends which was lovely and so comforting to me. I even found something I had lost along the way.

It was very cold as they seem to be having a delayed winter. It even snowed while I was there. It did disturb me to see downtown Vancouver has all but wiped out the beautiful skyline. The charm and the purity that was once there lay buried beneath the few historic buildings that remain. This is so sad to see. But it is there somewhere under the towers and vacant faces trolling Robson, I have been reassured. Only verbally mind you, because I sure as hell never saw it! The drivers have somewhat worsened as well, but I suppose that is a regular occurance with the onslate of people. The one thing by far that stood out to me was all the shootings everywhere, of course we only do shanking here! So it was a surprise for me.

I loved to see my friends children all growing and making their way in life. I was thoroughly spoilt by everyones grace and I shall miss them. Thank god for skype and the internet.

kx

No comments:

Post a Comment