Saturday 24 July 2010

Goodwood

Hello my lovelies!

Well anyone that knows me knows that I love all things cars. So when I was asked to show a few paintings at the Goodwood Vintage, I was chuffed to bits. I thought I would drive yesterday as the kids would be finished school this week and I wasn't a fan of hearing bickering in the back seat. I took the route along the downs through Amberley and Slindon. What a lovely route it was. The landscape was amazing and I could have pictured myself during Medieval times on horseback. Its not a long journey from my house at all and was there within the hour. As you pull into the grounds you can see Goodwood house in the distance. Scattered about is a porta cabin here and there, where they are getting ready for the festival. I find a little car park beside the house and proceed to walk to the entrance. It truly is awe inspiring. I turn to look back at the grounds and try to think of what it must have been like to reside there without all the cars and modernity's... As I walk along looking rather lost a man taps the window and smiles at me. He looks as though he stepped out of time in his full attire. He guides me in. I am now standing in this magnificent ballroom, and I cant help but feel the SHINING vibe. I glance around as if almost hoping to see Jack Nicholson sitting at the bar. But NO. hehe .. I am led up to a reception area. On the walls I notice the most amazing works of art. I am drawn to what seems to be a ROHKO. I finally make it to the reception area and soon realise I am in the wrong bit. The lovely lady then tells me where to go. But being so overwhelmed in my surroundings my head goes completely like vacant cavern.. So she humours me and so kindly draws me a map on where to go. hehe I go back out and drive about the grounds. passing on the way, older man speeders, on the vacant roads. I finally get to where I need to be. I have to say it must be a fantastic place to work. Everyone I came across was so happy. SO if any of you are in the area and are going to Vintage, please check out all the galleries of Art.

ART AT VINTAGE - Curated by Ellie Arnold

ALL ABOARD!

We’ve hardly been able to contain ourselves, but it’s official:

MICK JONES’s ROCK & ROLL PUBLIC LIBRARY

Peter-Blake-Art-Bus

Vintage at Goodwood is proud to present for the first time ever THE ROCK & ROLL PUBLIC LIBRARY aboard the show-stopping PETER BLAKE CCA ART BUS at this year’s inaugural festival at the Goodwood Estate in West Sussex, August 13-15. The Clash guitarist and joint frontman’s rarely-seen personal archive and collection of rock memorabilia will feature on an original 1980s double-decker redesigned by Sir Peter Blake in his signature pop art style.

RL-09s

In true Vintage spirit, the on-site art experience will combine music, fashion and design all curated under one beautiful (mobile) roof, fulfilling Mick Jones’s ambition to house THE ROCK & ROLL PUBLIC LIBRARY on a touring bus. Jones’ library previously launched at Ladbroke Grove Underground in July 2009.

RL-08s

Mick Jones, former lead guitarist and vocalist for The Clash said:

“Peter Blake was The One when we were at art school - he's the father of British Pop Art. It's an honour to have my Library on his bus...I'm looking forward to a mobile celebration of our collective cultural memory. That's history.“

RL-05s

Sir Peter Blake, iconic British pop artist added: “Since launching the Art Bus in May 2009, I’ve found it provides the perfect location for any artist to display his or her work in a quirky and intimate setting . We’re honored to partner with Mick Jones at the Vintage at Goodwood festival and look forward to showcase his collection of rock star memorabilia. Look out for spontaneous performances to take place from the bus’ upper deck balcony while videos and records will be played all day and night downstairs!”

RL-02s

Wayne Hemingway, co-founder of Vintage at Goodwood said: “We are honoured to feature two of my cultural heroes at Vintage at Goodwood. As a collector of cultural memorabilia myself I am personally excited by Mick Jones’ illustrious rock archive and being able to view it a top Sir Peter Blake’s brilliant art bus is pretty cool; Vintage is a perfect fit for these two iconic British artists to feature at what we believe will be the best summer festival in Britain. (Well it better had be after all the work we have put into it!) Mick Jones and Sir Peter Blake truly encompass the best of British in the arts and music world and their contributions to past and future musicians will be recognized at Vintage at Goodwood.”

POP GOES THE EASEL!

Inspired by the bohemian high jinks of yesteryear, we will be hosting a 60s art school, where you can get in tune with your creative side, attend a masterclass, or drop in on artists, musicians and designers in converstation about their misspent youth...

MANNEQUINS ON PARADE

mannequins

Our heroes from the worlds of music, art, design and fashion will be customising dummies for VINTAGE - all to raise funds for Oxfam, our charity partner. Coming soon to a thrift store near you, the mannequins will be reunited at Goodwood for a shop window display the likes of which you’ve never seen before.


karen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment